Have you been trying to memorize Quran but after a couple of month or year you just don’t remember anything?
Or you can even remember what you have memorized the part of the Quran last week and you don’t remember it anymore?
Don’t worry, it is not YOU
Well, We say No worries, it is not just you, it is the method that you are following, it is not working.
You need to make some changes and things will be way much different, we promise you will start remembering what you memorize if you follow the method.
How To Memorize Quran and never forget it
In this article you will get know how to memorize Quran and never forget it, inshaAllah we will give you a helpful Quran memorization plan, which is compatible with, either you memorize Quran with a teacher or you want to memorize Quran by yourself.
Quran memorization is a great gift from Allah SWT, and the person who gets this reward from Allah SWT has to keep it in his/her memory forever, it is like sand in your hand, if you hold it strong it stays in your hand and if you let it go your hands will become empty, or as narrated in hadith that the hafidh of Quran is like owner of hobbled camel, so if you try to revise memorized quran you can keep it in your memory and when you let it go by not revising it you will forget it easily.
Follow Quran Memorization Method
You divide your memorization into 3 parts:
Sabaq: also known as new lesson, you memorize it ayah by ayah, read an ayah as many times as you want and then try to recite without looking at Quran and see if you’re successful, then move on to next ayah and repeat the same process for memorization of the next ayah, now if you have memorized the next ayah successfully then don’t move to the third ayah unless you are able to recite two ayah without looking fluently. In this way, you can memorize your new lesson.
Sabaq Dour: this is the current Juz or Para that you’re memorizing or also it can be last ten lessons that you’ve memorized in last ten days, This portion is very important if you don’t revise it daily you can easily forget and you will have start all over again.
Dour: also known as Manzil, these are previous Juzes that you’ve memorized so far. This helps you to keep Quran in your long-term memory, and it is even more important than first two parts. This is how you revise memorized Quran, just recite at least one complete Juz per day.
According to experts, Quran memorization is not hard you can memorize Quran online in 1 year or 6 months and you can also memorize Quran by yourself, but the hard thing that requires more sturggle and effort is memorizing quran and never forgetting it, and the sad thing about this is, that many Muslims brothers and sisters don’t realize that and they memorize holy Quran first time with passion and love but after few years of Quran memorization they don’t revise Quran because they so busy and can’t make any quran memorization plan for revising it to keep Quran in their memory.
Reasons why usually People Forget Memorized Quran:
1. You have started not revising Quran at all, it could be because you get so busy in your life for example high school, college, university or full-time job and you get married and can’t spare time to schedule Quran revision.
2. Another major reason that is often ignored by many people is getting involved some kind of bad activity, where you commit major sins and you start getting involved more and more, remember this Quran is Allah SWT word and it is Noor (Light) and to put this Pure you are going to make your heart pure, and your heart is full darkness then Quran will not stay in your heart any longer.
3. According to Islamic scholars if your earning is not halal, it affects your soul and makes it sick and weaker, and when you have less spiritual powers you can’t taste any worship and in the result, every worship including Salah, Quran, etc seems very boring and you don’t feel like to do it.
4. Your memory works differently or in another way you have a bad memory you can remember things for a long term.
5. Procrastinations: the biggest reason for forgetting Quran when you have memorized it is when you start being lazy revising it. A successful hafiz will never seek comfort, and if you want to be successful then you have to say No any comfort that comes in the way between you and memorizing Quran.
6. Always remember that revising is more important than new memorization.
Solution: How to Memorize Quran and never Forget it:
Set some goals when you start Quran memorization, without setting goals it going to get harder and unclear and there will be more chances of you giving up, set a goal, for example, you will memorize 10 pages in 20 days or something like that, and when you achieve your goal then admire yourself and be thankful to Allah SWT.
Try to stay away from any major or minor sins because now you’re trying to and inshaAllah going to become a protector of Quran, so you are an ordinary person anymore, you have more responsibilities now.
When you Pray Salah try to recite new Surah or page in every Raka’ah in that way you can revise memorized part of Quran without sparing lots of time.
Try to eat halal, drink halal and even don’t watch or see anything haram and stay away from the absurd talk.