On our website, we’ve got hundreds of messages about how to memorize the Quran or tips on memorizing the Quran.
Most of the questions come from the brother or sister who are trying to memorize the Holy Quran, some of them has already memorized and because their memorization is weak and they want to make it strong.
Or started memorizing Quran but the memorization is not where it should be like it took them a couple of years but still not able to complete it,
The things we’re about to tell you guys right now we guarantee you that your memorization will be much better than it is.
1. So the quran memorization technique everyone should know before they start memorizing the Quran is to make sure that your intentions are 100% sincere for the sake of Allah SWT, like the Hadith says: indeed all actions are judged based on their intentions and for every man is what he intended for so if you intend to memorize the Quran just so people will say: look at this boy this girl mashallah so pious masha’Allah or just because your mom/dad forced you or just because it’s like the sociatal norm for you or anything like that. The only thing you’re gonna get is what you intended for, but if you do memorize the Quran with the intent to please Allah turns out to be among those who get to go to Jannah, because of the Quran and to constantly be elevated by the Quran, then you’re probably on the right track with that.
2. The second thing we would recommend for anyone trying to get into the Quran, especially for the beginners, is to find a Quran teacher, which can be easily hired or found by getting registered with us, we have Online Quran tutors available that are experienced enough to be able to guide you throughout your memorization process and to help you find the style that you memorize best in.
3. We also recommend that if you constantly repeat the words, you constantly repeat the ayah, then it gets ingrained in your memory a little better, for example you repeat an ayah around five or six times, until I can read it without looking at it in the book, so that you can actually make sure that you have a really good grip on the ayah and then memorize the second ayah, after you go back and do both together then you go off three altogether so it’s kind of like you’re building bricks and then you’re covering them so that’s how you solidify and that was one of the styles, that we teach to our students and how to memorize the Quran and it was much easier for me to do that.
4. another Quran memorization technique that really helps you when memorizing the Quran is, to kind of understand the meaning behind the ayats, but for example, if you memorize in surah Yousuf you’ll try to understand the story of Prophet Yusuf alayhi Salaam and so you’ll kind of be able to know the secrets of events and it’ll kind of help you. Our experienced teachers will also help you to understand, every time you didn’t understand what a word means or you just have a question about an ayah you would be memorizing, like what did Allah had to use this word, what does it mean? These things kind of help you recollect the ayat better and they kind of help you hold on to them better, because when you’re memorizing something that doesn’t really make sense to you, it’s easier for you to forget it. So when you build a kind of attachment to the ayah and you understand it and you know why God said certain things and you build like a bond with it, that will be easier for you to remember.
5. the third of the Quran memorization techniques we would recommend to anyone, is to set up a schedule memorizing the Quran is almost just like working out, if you’re consistent with it, you’ll see the results but if you can do it once a week once a month you’re not going to progress the way you want to. So set up a schedule with it 30 minutes every day after Maghrib or every day after Fajr or anything as long as you set a consistent schedule, because the best of good deeds are those, that are done consistently but if you be fat and lazy like someone and you’re you know go to the gym once or twice a week, you’re not going to see the results that you really want to see. So the trick is to always be consistent, no matter what. Cancel everything every day after Maghrib, for example, you tell your friends like, hey: I can’t hang out until I’m finished memorizing my target and you’ll slowly but surely see overtime that you memorize Juz, you finish the page, finish the Surah you finish them and you will start seeing progress. So always make sure that you’re setting this strict schedule for yourself just make it one of those things that you cannot ditch. It’s one of those it’s like unique. You can’t skip it, you have to go and we would suggest Fajr time, before Fajr salah early on in the day, so it doesn’t conflict with the rest of your schedule as Allah SWT says; indeed the recitation of the Quran in Fajr time is a witness,
6. Another cool trick on Quran memorization faster is, once you’ve memorized a certain group of ayats, you recite them in the Salah that’s coming out, so, for example, let’s say if you’ve memorized surah Falaq after Maghrib, now you will recite it in Ishaa Salah, so you can make sure that you know it perfectly.
7. Another Quran memorization technique that we’d like to recommend is to make sure that you’re consistent with your mindset. a lot of times we have it difficult for us, we feel this weighted and we feel like you know this isn’t for me or this is hard. But, remember keep in mind being the Hafiz/Hafidh or being a preserver of Quran it’s not for everyone. So you have to constantly push yourself and tell yourself, this is gonna take you into Jannah, this is gonna improve my life, this is better for me, do it for the sake of Allah and you can have to constantly push yourself and when you feel low when you feel like giving up to, remember why you started.
8. Also don’t feel rushed to be finished, that was one of the biggest issues as you constantly feel rushed. Like You need to finish before you graduated and if you didn’t finish your Quran and you graduated you will have to do it after school and there’s a difficult in all this. Don’t feel rushed to, because you don’t want to disrespect the Quran by rushing memorization of Quran, and then later on forgetting it. So take your time, but always make sure that you’re maintaining that good mindset.
9. When memorizing the Quran this is probably one of the most important things, it’s to always make sure, that you leave time to review the Quran that you’ve already memorized, because let’s say you memorized Surah Doha, but you don’t go back to make sure that you constantly remember that surah and you’re not revising it and making it stronger, you’ll notice that you’ll forget it over time and this has happened to so many people. So every time for example you finish one page of the Quran and you move on to the next, you make sure you’re always reviewing those two, then you move on to the third and review it always.
Imagine putting all this work into memorizing these surahs and then, later on, you realized that you’ve forgotten them. So even if it’s just you reading it over and over again to make sure that you haven’t forgotten the ayah, or you kind of figure out a way to implement it in your Salah so when you’re praying Salah you read those Surah or whatever it can be. Just make sure that you find a way to review what you’ve memorized. Every week or every two days whatever if you finish one Juz, which is around 20 pages and you have to review it every single day. but make sure that somehow you’re going back to everything. So making sure that you’re consistent with your review is one of the keys to success.
10. Another Quran memorization technique is that you could do that helps with revising the Qur’an is listening to the Quran recitation. When you finish memorizing the surah or a certain area or a page or anything like that, play it in the car, when you’re driving around or when you’re sitting in your room or anything like that, just make sure it’s somehow you’re going back to those verses.
11. Also if you can try to find a buddy that you can memorize the Quran with. Finding a friend that can help motivate you when you memorize the Quran.
We ask Allah to make it easy for us to preserve the holy book and to purify our attention and to keep us sincere when memorizing holy Quran and if you guys have questions about anything please do ask by commenting below and if you want to hire well experienced online Quran tutor for one-on-one classes and you want to memorize Quran online with tajweed then please go to registration page and submit the registration form. In sha Allah you will get a private Quran teacher for Quran memorization online, we also have female Quran tutors available for sisters.
Please don’t forget to share these tips with your friends via facebook or twitter or social networks.